Registration for the 2013 St. John’s Choir Camp is now closed. Thank you for your interest, and God bless you!
Welcome to the Basilica of St. John the Evangelist 2013 Summer Choir Camp!
Who can participate? Any child between the ages of 5-15 who wishes to sing at Mass.
What will we do? We will sing Gregorian chant; talk about the structure of the liturgy; learn the basic dialogues of the Mass; learn about vocal technique; listen to examples of church music, both recorded and live; learn basic music-reading skills, employing both neumes and modern notation; pray the Angelus each day at noon; sing some rounds; play some games; and have a fun time while learning a lot!
• Our camp will run Monday, July 29th through Thursday, August 1st.
• It will begin at 10:00am each day. Please enter at the main doors to Nagle Hall, next to the statue of Padre Pio.
• We will have a break at noon for lunch. Please have your children bring their own lunch each day; no food will be provided.
• Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday will conclude at 2:30pm.
• On Thursday, the children will sing at the 12:10pm Mass, and there will be a concluding party in Nagle Hall afterward. Parents and friends are of course welcome to attend the Mass that day, and come to Nagle Hall afterward. The children (and the camp!) will be finished at 1:00pm on Thursday.
ALL CHILDREN MUST BE REGISTERED IN ADVANCE. To ensure that we have the correct number of materials and supplies on hand, we cannot accept children on who have not signed up beforehand.
REGISTRATION CLOSES AT 5:00PM ON WEDNESDAY, JULY 24TH. This page will be taken down at that time, and no more registrants will be accepted.
How much does it cost?
There is no fee for the camp. We look forward to seeing your children, and teaching them to sing at the Holy Mass!
How do I sign up my child / children?
To register your child, please fill out the form below. If you have more than one child attending, please fill out a separate form for each child. Thank you!
** For the “telephone” field, please enter numbers only, with NO spaces, parentheses, dashes, or dots. **